LUCAS Voltage Regulators...

To: morgans <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: LUCAS Voltage Regulators...
From: DELUCAJ <DELUCAJ@mops.wl.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 21:19:52 -0500
I'm looking for a source for a reasonably priced voltage regulator before I
call Morgan Spares.
The '62 4/4 is currently sporting a LUCAS RB340 square boxy type (with the
letters E-D-WL-F-B stamped in the plastic cover).

Most of the alternative sources (such as those listed in the SOL Morgan Web
parts cross-reference) show the earlier RB106-2 variety.

My old VR was apparently not sending much of a charge to my battery. Although
the ammeter showed a somewhat steady 5 - 10 amp charge when motoring,  the
battery recently started go flat while I was driving.

I replaced the VR with an old spare I keep for just such emergencies.  Now the
ammeter is continuously pinned at 30+ unless I turn on the headlights in which
case it dips to about 20+, which is still a bit higher than I would expect.  I
am concerned that this over-exuberance will ultimately damage the battery which
is fairly new.

So, do you know where a can get a NEW VR?

Thanks,

Joe DeLuca
Sparta, NJ
'62 4/4