Re[2]: Refugee

To: "Vandergraaf; Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>, Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re[2]: Refugee
From: ebrown@ms.com
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 17:04:10 -0400
     I have never replaced a TR engine head gasket, but I have been told a
     multiplicity of times by several different knowledgeable people that
     turning the engine over to pop the head gasket is a very bad idea
     because the wet sleeves tend to come out of the block. Could be an old
     wives' tale, but I've heard it several times over the past year.

     No disrespect to Brer Vandergraaf, who certainly knows his stuff, but
     I would get a second opinion on that aspect of things before either
     touching that starter or reaching for that crank.

     Chip Brown (who has only replaced other head gaskets)