Re: Cooking in a Morgan

To: NKED65A@prodigy.com
Subject: Re: Cooking in a Morgan
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 07:52:58 -0500 (EST)
Bobby N. writes:

> Got ya beat on that one John.
> A standard can ( I used Beanie Weenies will fit perfectly between the
> Intake manifold tubes on a Plus 4 ( Got that Will, not  a cross flow) .
> The can bottom sits on the exhaust manifold. Punch a small hole in the
> top and cover the top with aly foil . Thirty minutes at sixty MPH and
> its done.

30 min. @ 60 MPH?  You can do that in a +4?  I didn't know that.  What I
don't get is why you want to punch a small hole in the exhaust manifold?
  Does it add smokey flavor to the "beanie weenies?"  Perhaps you should
have a compression test done.

> Corn on the cob, wrapped in foil with a little water will take 1 hour .

Common, and HOUR?  You must just have the car idling in the driveway.
Doesn't the +4 overheat by that time?

> Water for tea about 25 minutes.

Nonesence.  If you don't mind using the ethylene glycol as a (fatal)
sweetener, you can have hot water in a matter of a few minutes.

> I've done all three on trips.

Just what sort of trips are these?

> Bob Nogueira
> 1964 Plus 4  " The Dining Car "