Re: Plus four parts question

To: Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Plus four parts question
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Date: 27 Nov 96
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.5.1 ] --

David:
  Can't be sure of this but I seem to remember that the  clutch plate is
the same as the TRs. The pressure plate is not, but I believe it may be
the same as  a A-H 3000.  I've also heard that the Damilier (sp?)
pressure plate is a heavy duty version and can be used.  Of course I
wouldn't lay out my money based on my knowledge but  I have no problem
spending yours :)
The water pumps are the same with the exception that Morgan machines the
outer surface of the pulley to accept the fan mount. Triumph leaves it
as a rough casting. The problem comes from the fact that there are two
types of pumps which are interchangeable. The original had a pressed on
pulley and after market pumps had a pulley which is bolted on.
the shaft size for the bolt on is smaller so the original type pulley
will not work on the bolt on pump.(found out the hard way, with MY money
)
Re the motor mounts I'm stumped.  I  know the front engine mounting
plates are not TR  and my guess is that Morgan used the Vanguard front
plate and mounts .

------- REPLY, Original message follows --------

> Date: Monday, 25-Nov-96 09:41 PM

> I'm redoing my 61 +4 (TR 3 engine) and wonder if the motor mounts
(rubber
> parts) and Clutch pressure plate and driven plate are the same as TR3?
Gives me