spin-on oil filters

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: spin-on oil filters
From: smithmog@ix.netcom.com
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 1996 21:55:33 -0800
Today's brain-teaser....I have a 4/4 with an early 1600 Ford Kent
crossflow.Like the engine, but hate the paper element oil
filter/O-ring/tincan, the primary function of which seems to be to make
certain that my garage floor has a rust-preventive coating.To complicate
things, it has an oil cooler sandwich plate between the filter and block
that looks to be an original fitment or period (late 60's)
modification.Does anyone know of a spin-on oil filter adapter, or must I
replace the oil pump, oil cooler plate,etc?
                        Jeff Smith
                        1968 4/4 1600 2 str.