Re: Cool places

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Subject: Re: Cool places
From: glen@unm.edu
Date: Sun, 19 May 1996 17:31:16 -0600 (MDT)
well, it's been about that hot here in sunny new mexico too. but it is a
dry heat. personally, i prefer the humid heat of back home in iowa. i
went to a car show today up in albuquerque where many local mg
enthusiasts had their cars on display. of course i neglected to bring my
sunblock, so now i have a mild sunburn. it don't take long in the sun out
here.
        here is a question for midget drivers: while i was admiring the
purring of my 1275 cc powerplant today something came to mind that
usually does about this time of year. how in blue blazes do you time this
thing? the last time i had the distributor out i timed it statically,
much as you would do with an old vw beetle. but, with the radiator fan
shroud in the way there just don't seem any way to shine a timing light
down at the pulley. heck, i can barely see the darn crank pulley. anyone
have any idea's here?the only way i was able to do the static method was
because i had the radiator out of the car at the time.

glen

'66 or '67 mg midget :)