Generator

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Generator
From: apicciotto@wccusd.k12.ca.us (Armando Picciotto)
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 10:36:30 +0000
The generator on my 63' + 4 bit the dust (it looks like the orginal
unit, could this be possible!).  Anyway, I got a rebuilt one that
looks identical to it, execept that after I hooked it up, I couldn't
get it to work right (translation, no juice coming out of it, the
ammeter wouldn't budge, red ignition light stayed on).  Do I
have to worry that my Mog is positive ground?  Or did I just get a
deffective unit?  Can I test it by just putting a voltmeter across
its two terminals (I did and got barely 1volt coming out)?

Armando Picciotto
'63 +4