Overheating

To: Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Overheating
From: gdm@po.cwru.edu (G D. Mc Coy)
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 12:09:20 -0500
John-Have you considered using a Dremel Tool?
Sorry, I just wanted to use that word once before I die!

Since the overheating occurs only at idleI can think of several
possibilities:

1. Coolant flow rates; Hows that water pump?
2. Coolant mixture-need more?
3. System volume-Is the total volume of the system up to specs?
4. Increasing radiator size.
5. Increase the size of the fan or # of blades.
6. Do you have a fug stirrer and does it help to have it in line?
BTW the Fug Stirrer was (is) the optiional heater that was factory
installed one older cars.

Actually this reminds me of the problem with the air conditioner on
older model Volvo's. Must have worked fine in Sweden but were not
much good if the ambient temperature rose above 75 F.

Dave McCoy
'66 Mog +4

--
G. David McCoy, PhD    Dept. of Environmental Health Sciences
gdm@po.cwru.edu        School of Medicine