David Crandall's memory

To: Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: David Crandall's memory
From: Mogger@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 03:03:00 -0500
Actually, RMORGAN was shipped on a roll-on roll-off ship, known in Halifax,
N.S. as the BMW-Jaguar boat.  We had no problems.  We left the Morgan at the
docks in Southampton on Thursday afternoon,  the ship left Friday at 1800.
 It was tied up In Halifax 0800 the following Friday.  The entire ship was to
be unloaded by noon.  There were four used cars and the remainder of the
cargo was new Jag's and BMW's.  They don't waste much time unloading the
ship.  As I recall this cost about 450 British pounds.  I can look up the
company, phone, contact etc. if any one is interested.  We also shipped from
Port Hueneme, California to Japan on a roll-on roll-off ship.  Also no
problems.  In Japan they even stored RMORGAN indoors, next to a '65 Mustang
and an old VW, both ragtops.  This cost about $650 US.

Of course we had all our paperwork in order, and we were **not** importing
the Morgan.  The Canadian customs, shipping agents and people at the docks
(known as AUTOPORT) were all pleasant and efficient.  Customs even cleared
the Morgan on Thursday, the day before the ship docked.  I have no experience
bringing in a car at any large US port.