mini-baja

Re: Top Speeds

To: All <mini-baja@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Top Speeds
From: Bob Paasch <paasch@engr.orst.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 14:53:58 -0700
Don't know about the East, but I can tell you that the track
at the West was not gravel but loose dirt (at least what
passes for dirt in Arizona).  Traction was a real
issue for many cars, which is why times were so slow.  We
got lucky and somehow our car was able to hook up and
tie Michigan for first, even though it weighs 460 lbs.

Last year at the Midwest Wichita's winning accel time was 5.46
for 150 ft. on a hard packed surface.  I seem to remember that
Ohio runs a 100 ft acceleration.  If so, I'd look for times in the low
4 second range.

Bob Paasch
Faculty Advisor
Oregon State SAE