mini-baja

Brakes

To: <mini-baja@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Brakes
From: "Mark Hagedorn" <mark_hagedorn@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 11:36:39 -0800
    I think you are referring to what I wrote about brakes.  I was
responding to someone that said that the brakes had to be diagonally spilt,
which they do not.  I still stand behind the fact the dual circuit braking
system should either front/rear. left rear/right front, or right rear/left
front.  The goal is to get the car to sop in a straight line if one circuit
fails.  Having the brakes split side to side certainly would never do this.
Think about it, if you only have brakes on the right side, don't you think
that might be the way the car will wind up going.  Beyond that, it would
require 4 times as much hardware to adjust front to rear braking bias if
your brakes were split side to side.

Mark Hagedorn
Western Washington University
Vehicle Research Institute