mini-baja

Re: Suspension Forces

To: mini-baja@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Suspension Forces
From: Craig <jponrocks@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 21:54:42 -0800 (PST)
I would imagine to obtain accurate forces you would
have to set up an accelerometer to record forces while
driving the car.  It would be hard to come up with
realistic forces on paper because of all the different
variables involved, direction of impact, ect.  If
anyone has some real world data I would also be
interested in looking at it though.  The best way
would be to built the arms then get out and test them.
 See if they hold up.  If not go back and build a new
set.  Not really the ideal set-up for an engineering
comp, but sometimes the easiest way when working with
limited resources or man power.

- Craig SDSM&T