mini-baja

looking for ball joints to fit knuckles, cannondale or honda

To: mini-baja@autox.team.net
Subject: looking for ball joints to fit knuckles, cannondale or honda
From: Christopher Chow <chow@eng.usf.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 19:06:22 -0500 (EST)
Hey guys, I got a set of front knuckles off of a cannondale four wheeler
and need some ball joint advice. I see two options. One is to get the
stock type of ball joint which has a taper to fit in the knuckle. I hear
that some automobile ball joints can fit? But you need to modify the
knuckle. Any idea what the specs are for these "auto parts store" ball
joints are and which car they are from?
The other option is use auorra bearings ball joints(rod ends) and get some
special high missalignment bushings that effectivly reduce the hole size
in the ball. Does anyone know where to get these bushings?

With our a-arms we need about 55 degrees or more of missalignment. I
think.

Chris