mini-baja

Re: Top speeds?

To: Eric Aston <u0335776@utah.edu>
Subject: Re: Top speeds?
From: susantoa@pdx.edu
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 19:39:36 -0800
In how long of a stretch?  In the Midwest 2002, the measured top speed at the
end of a 300ft stretch run was about 35mph.  That's what we used to
approximate the acceleration we want to achieve.  You can also use the
acceleration numbers, 4.2 seconds in 150 ft.  Since all you can do is
approximate it linearly (not how it actually is), the numbers you get are very
arbitrary, but we used it anyway to determine total gear ratio needed.

How do you guys decide what gear ratio was needed?  Especially with the CVT?

Thanks a bunch.

Andre S