mini-baja

Steering Box

To: mini-baja@autox.team.net
Subject: Steering Box
From: "Mark Hartman" <mhartman@email.arizona.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 19:01:39 -0700
Can anyone help me out with finding a 90 degree steering box.  I want to
bend the rotation of the steering column but don't want to use double U-joints.
 I know they exist becuase we have one on an old car but I can't seem to
find anything on it or on the internet.  A website or catalog would be of
great help.

More Details: The box is about 3x3x3 inches and is made to be coupled to
a 5/8 inch D shaft on each end.  I assume it is just 45 degree bevel gears
inside.  I could buy the gears and build this but I'd rather purchase the
whole thing if possible.

Thanks.