mgs

[Mgs] windshield seal installation

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] windshield seal installation
From: David Councill <dcouncill@karamursel.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2023 13:57:11 -0800
Has anyone installed the windshield frame to body seal (AHH7136 or Moss
282-410) recently? I ordered the seal 1-2 years ago from Moss, and it is
a URO product. Many attempts later, I have only managed to get the
initial three inches to stay in the rails, the rest popping out after
several inches more of seal in place. I have seen youtube videos as well
as other Internet materials. Some say start in the  middle, some say
start at the end, some says push/pull the seal through after removing a
side pillar (which I haven't tried yet). I have tried soap as well as
wd-40 as a lubricant.

So now I am wondering if it is the seal itself due to the hardness of
the rubber - which is true. I have to press fairly hard to get the
initial one side of the "T" in the slot before I press in the opposing
side. Does anyone know about issues with the URO seal such that I should
purchase a different seal from McGregors or elsewhere? Or is it still in
the technique?

David Councill

72 B