mgs

Re: [Mgs] MGB GT battery

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGB GT battery
From: PaulHunt73 <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com> e2R5rtT2md+74xPOoquNTHhoyPzB3l7b6BHawHriNoWw9BtTtL7GqZoAe1iBt9LVRC5uj9mtgGWi9y2Olo91FaXbSNZhyb6MNHs=
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 08:19:11 +0100
CB-based or RB i.e. twin 6v or 12v?

But for long-term storage either use a disconnect switch on the heel
board which is good for a few weeks at least, or for longer term one of
the modern conditioning chargers that monitor the voltage and add charge
when it deems necessary.  However those can fail and you are no better
off, and if they don't they can 'cover up' a failing battery and when it
is off charge i.e. away on a trip the battery can let you down.  I use
the switch, and a lithium pack for when I get a problem.

Ironically I've had to buy a conditioning charger for my 2019 MB A-Class
as that starts giving warnings when not used for a few days.

PaulH.