mgs

Re: [Mgs] fan belt 56 MGA

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] fan belt 56 MGA
From: Barrie Robinson <barrob@bell.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2020 16:22:05 -0400

--------------A9B3A39B7D3564D639CF4ECD

Hello Eric,

I loved that about visiting a parts store that knows its onions.  We had
a great place in Barrie - even stocked BSF fasteners.   They got bought
out by a 'chain' outfit.  Last time I went in for a couple of bolts they
had to know what car it was for and poised over the keyboard.  I laugh
at their expression when I tell them !!!!!

Barrie
AMF Club

On 8/15/2020 2:28 PM, Eric Russell wrote:
> If you have a fan belt (that fits), take it to an auto parts store and
> ask for one the same size. If they want to look it up in their
> computer leave and go to a real auto parts store.
>
> If you don't have one that fits, run a cloth tape measure around the
> pulleys (with the generator about 1/3rd to 1/2 away from the block),
> note the total length and go to the auto parts store (the one that
> doesn't need a computer for everything) and ask for one that length.
>
> Eric Russell
> Mebane, NC
>> Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2020 09:52:04 -0500
>> From: "dave" <dave@ranteer.com>
>> To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
>> Subject: [Mgs] fan belt 56 MGA
>>
>> Anyone have a part number I can get at a local parts store for the
>> fan belt
>> for 56 MGA?

--------------A9B3A39B7D3564D639CF4ECD

  <head>
  </head>
        I loved that about visiting a parts store that knows its
        onions.  We had a great place in Barrie - even stocked BSF
        fasteners.   They got bought out by a 'chain' outfit.  Last time
        I went in for a couple of bolts they had to know what car it was
        for and poised over the keyboard.  I laugh at their expression
        when I tell them !!!!!   <br>
        Barrie<br>
        AMF Club<br>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:f9a8c92d-c1e5-469b-55fe-c7fabfbbe3b1@mebtel.net">If you
        From: "dave" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:dave@ranteer.com";>&lt;dave@ranteer.com&gt;</a>
        To: <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:mgs@autox.team.net";>&lt;mgs@autox.team.net&gt;</a>
        Subject: [Mgs] fan belt 56 MGA
        Anyone have a part number I can get at a local parts store for
        the fan belt
        for 56 MGA?
      <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Mgs@autox.team.net";>Mgs@autox.team.net</a>
      Donate: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";>http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>
      Suggested annual donation  $12.75
href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a>
      <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"