mgs

[Mgs] Opinion on seats

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Opinion on seats
From: Max Heim via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 16:56:19 -0700
Hereâ??s a questionâ?¦

My project car came with a set of 1970-71 seats. The upholstery and foams were
beyond repair, but I was intrigued by the frames. They have a locking backrest
and a handy backrest adjustment, neither of which are features of my 66 seats.
Not to mention a provision for headrests (unfortunately not included).

I was thinking of restoring them with the Moss deluxe leather seat kits, which
have more of a vintage look than the stock replacements. I was already going to
install shoulder belts on this car (my co-drivers are tired of being tossed
around on my backroad forays), so going to solid backrests with headrests is
just a further step toward some degree of safety.

Itâ??s not quite authentic, but this build is going to be a Frankenstein,
anyway. And itâ??s absolutely a rally driver and not a show car.

Anyone have experience with these later seats pro or con?

And does anyone have a set of used â??earedâ?? headrests (1970-76)? They can be
tatty since I would be recovering them.

--
Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149