mgs

[Mgs] Map light ...

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Mgs] Map light ...
From: PaulHunt73 via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 09:03:23 -0000

--===============5388377373225644102==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_004A_01D04F47.93D645B0"

------=_NextPart_000_004A_01D04F47.93D645B0
        charset="iso-8859-1"

... at the far end of the dash on early cars.

Most sources indicate that this is the same as the number plate light, =
minus the curved plinth that the number plate light needs.

However that has quite a large bulb holder with a rubber cover that =
would need to protrude through the dash, whereas the dash on a pal's car =
bought as an abandoned restoration only has a relatively small hole in =
that position, so small that not even the metal part of a bulb will go =
through, let alone the bulb holder.

So anyone with that map light, I'd be grateful if you could feel behind =
the dash and tell me if there is a bulb holder sticking through, or only =
a wire, or if you can shed any other light on this conundrum.

Thanks.
------=_NextPart_000_004A_01D04F47.93D645B0
        charset="iso-8859-1"

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>... at the far end of the dash on early =
cars.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Most sources indicate that this is the same as the =
number=20
plate light, minus the curved plinth that the number plate light=20
needs.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>However that has quite a large bulb holder with a =
rubber cover=20
that would need to protrude through the dash, whereas the dash on a =
pal's car=20
bought as an abandoned restoration only has a relatively small hole in =
that=20
position, so small that not even the metal part of a bulb will go =
through, let=20
alone the bulb holder.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>So anyone with that map light, I'd be grateful if =
you could=20
feel behind the dash and tell me if there is a bulb holder sticking =
through, or=20
only a wire, or if you can shed any other light on this =
conundrum.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thanks.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_004A_01D04F47.93D645B0--