mgs

Re: Antenna replacement on a B

To: r.gosling@penspen.com, barneymg@MGAguru.com,
Subject: Re: Antenna replacement on a B
From: RampantNM@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:12:49 EDT
In a message dated 9/29/2006 2:08:21 AM Mountain Standard Time,
r.gosling@penspen.com writes:

What's  with the aerial position on MGBs?  Is there an original  "factory"
position?  It seems that Howard's '79 roadster is on the  front wing.
I've had two '73 model BGTs, Sammy I (built in Dec '72) had a  fixed
aerial on the roof, centre front, Sammy II (May '73) has a  retractable
on the nearside rear wing (pass. side in UK).  No  consistency!

If these were dealer installed items, the location was probably  dictated by:

1. The length of the cable..the shorter the cheaper.
2. Which side of the car the mechanics tool box was on.
3. Which side of the car the nearest electrical outlet was on...no cordless
drills back then.

Regards,

Robert B. Houston
63 TR4
74.5 MGBGT
73 MG  Midget

b&Reminds me of my safari in Africa, somebody forgot the corkscrew  and for
several days we had to live on nothing but food and water. W. C  Fields