mgs

Re: LE on the cover of the new Moss catalog...

To: <John.Hed@faa.gov>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LE on the cover of the new Moss catalog...
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 16:30:17 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: <John.Hed@faa.gov>
To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Cc: <smarc@smarc.net>
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 9:25 AM

Marc wrote:

"The wheels on that car have a serious shine! Did the LE wheels originally
look like that, or did they have more of a satin finish? Mine have a worn
satin finish... and a PO had the grey paint resprayed black which is
starting to peel..."

I posted a request a while back about wanting to know the right paint for
the LE wheels and never got an answer.  If anyone out there knows, I'm
still waiting!!!  If you find out, let me know.  I don't think they were
highly polished either, but they look nice that way.  Do yours look good in
black, Marc?  Maybe that would look nicer.  Do you have any pics?  The
original metallic dark grey almost looks like the tire color from a
distance.  I'll bet if you chromed the non-painted surfaces it would really
make them look nice!  Just a thought.

John Hed
80 MGB-LE

===============================

John, Marc et.al., if I get the chance, I will bring mine over to Bill at
Tower Paint next week.  He is the guy that puts auto paint in spray cans.
In addition to a well trained eye, he has some sort of electronic gizmo to
scan and match the original color.

I could use some for my car; anybody else want to put in an order for any
spray cans?  Maybe if a few of us do it at one time, it'll be cheaper.  He
is only 1/2 mile from my office so, I'll try to get over there next week and
get an estimate and let you know what it would cost.

Larry Daniels

79 MGB LE
72 Midget
60 Bugeye
67 Austin A60 Pickup

"You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it
shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."