mgs

NON - MG Computer Problem

To: MG LIST <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: NON - MG Computer Problem
From: Zach Dorsch <herr_dorsch@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 13:38:11 -0700 (PDT)
Hi List,

I have noticed that a number of you deal with computers at a professional level
(something that I am definitely not!).  I would normally go to my university
ITS but they don't open until Monday.

My computer decided to go crazy today for lack of better terms.  Basically I
was on the internet searching the usual sites that I check every morning during
breakfast and all of sudden the computer just slowed down.  I next got a pop up
error message informing me that my firewall had been shut down and automatic
updates are also not activated.  Every time I try to activate these two I get
an error message which will not allow me to activate them.  I have checked the
'Windows Task Manager' frequently because the computer has been chugging along
even though CPU usage 0% or 100%.  Then everything is fine until I try to start
opening programs and sometimes it will take forever and other times not
(especially when going to the Windows download page--when it does finally
connect I get another error message).

Does this sound like a virus or has something managed to get shut down and thus
effected the rest of the computer?

Thank you,

Zach

Yahoo! Sports