mgs

No Steering

To: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Subject: No Steering
From: Phil Bates <jello@ida.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 19:42:19 -0700
Well, it wasn't really no steering, just not much steering.  I was
driving, and apparently (unknown to me) only had one bolt left on my
driver's side shock absorber (which is also the upper A-arm).  That bolt
broke.  The car became hard to steer.  But it made it where I was going
(the airport).  I got home today, and had to check up on the problem
(which I hadn't identified yet) - and since the airport is a 4 hour
drive from here, when I got it diagnosed, I did an equally bad thing
(but it worked).  I took 2 mount bolts off the passenger's side shock,
and used them to bolt down the driver's side.  Made sure the passenger's
side was tight, and went on my way.  I better get working - I have 4
bolts to replace.

I was lucky this time.  It is worth doing a thorough check at least once
a year on your suspension.

Phil Bates