mgs

Re: Signs of Serious Dementia

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Signs of Serious Dementia
From: "Rick deOlazarra" <cattail@redshift.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 10:17:16 -0800
Hey, this looks like fun!... I thought, from looking at the subject line, that
it was spam for a drug for the mentally disturbed, and have ignored it until
today..

Starting in 1960:
53 Ford Victoria flat head v8 - Slept in it the first night I got it -17 years
old.
47 Plymouth
53 Ford, again, this time a straight six; painted it Chesapeake Blue, a 60
Ford color.
57 Chevy 210 2 dr. sedan - Had fun w/ this one; put in a 63 Corvette 327,
Weber clutch/flywheel, Hearst floor shift, dumped in front, scavengers,
slicks..
57 Chevy, Belair, 2-dr hardtop. Gorgeous. Then Uncle Sam got his hands on me
for 3 years.
65 Corvette roadster - should've kept it..
64 VW Camper (Summer of Love) - lived in it for months at a time.
65 VW Camper - fan belt broke; engine fried.
59? Triumph motorcycle - a basket case.
60 Ford station wagon
61? BMW motorcycle
64? Triumph motorcyle - best of the three, but after driving 90 miles in the
rain, decided no more motorcyles.. besides, people in cars either don't see
you or don't care.
63? Buick station wagon - bought for $200 at car lot
66 VW Camper
49 Chevy pickup - rigged up a homemade camper in back, drove cross country.
Aside from a rebuilt generator in Colorado, no problems. Amazing truck.
78 Ford pickup - first new one
79 Ford mini pickup (can't remember the model name - 2nd new one)
74 Triumph Spitfire - first LBC, though I'd always wanted one. Still have this
car after 21 years..
71 VW Camper - love these cars; sold it and wish I hadn't. Maybe someday
again..
56 MGA - first car that actually stirred my soul when I drove it..
00 Dodge Dakota - My main trans now. Nice truck, except the dealer wants an
arm & a leg for servicing.
60 MGA - my latest project.

Sadly, I may have to sell the Spitfire. It's a nice one, if any of you have
Spitfires in your blood..

Cheers!

Rick