mgs

RE: Vapor Lock?

To: "Barrie Robinson" <barrier@bconnex.net>, <Daybell7@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: Vapor Lock?
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 20:11:58 -0400
Steve,
Please let me know what you find.  I have a very similar problem with my
TR3.  It will run wonderful for some time.  Then out of nowhere it will
start to miss and sputter.  I have to pull off the road and let it idle for
a minute or two then it will run again, but normally not for more than 2-3
minutes.  If I wait too long to pull over, it will die and I have to
re-prime the carbs to get it going again.  I just rebuild the fuel pump and
it worked great for a couple of trips, but yesterday it started again.
Seems to happen on hot days, but now always.  I've tried to re-route the
fuel lines, eliminated the original fuel shutoff valve and put an in-line
filter in to make sure I wasn't getting any junk in the lines.  I don't
think it is a vacuum problem with the cap as I am able to easily get fuel to
the carbs with the manual lever on the fuel pump.  I'm at my wits end.
Maybe its the Florida weather, I'm in Tampa :), but I actually had the
problem in New York too.
Pete