mgs

Clik-Adjust experience

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Clik-Adjust experience
From: "John Graham" <theklube@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:50:19 -0400
I just received the Gunson's Clik-Adjust that I ordered recently and tried
it out last night for the first time.  One of the first things that you have
to do is to 'calibrate' the tool (actually experiment with different feeler
gauge thicknesses) so you will know how many clicks gives you the .015
tappet gap.

Just curious here, if al the adjusters on MGBs are the same thread and so
forth, wouldn't the same number of clicks to get the proper gap be the same
on all of the B engines?  Just for the record, the number of clicks that I
came up with was 7.  There seemed to be about the right amount of play in
the tappets after that and the engine ran fine (and with no perceptible
tappet noise).  I suppose that if I set them too tight, they would be quiet
to boot.  Any other experiences with the Clik-Adjust tool out there? WFIW, I
got mine from LBCarCo.

John Graham
'70 B
Charlotte, NC