mgs

Re: Trunk lid of doom

To: "David Councill" <dcouncil@imt.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Trunk lid of doom
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:31:24 +0100
Twist the handle to one side or the other which should reveal a small
painted area normally covered by the handle.  Drill a small hole in this
area close up to the handle, then insert a thin rod and poke about to
release the latch, which should be pretty-well right underneath the hole.
Much less damage than the other method I have seen which is cutting a large
hole in the rear firewall and reaching through, although at least this is
all internal.  Unless you have remarkably long and thin arms I'd hate to
think how much time it would take to release by fishing through a reverse
light hole.  Others have mentioned pushing hard on the back panel while
pulling up on the handle.