mgs

Wipers - was Re: Two Super Supercharged MGB's

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wipers - was Re: Two Super Supercharged MGB's
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:52:58 -0600
Sure, these American cars have their problems. But I don't think we hold
our LBCs to the same standards. I always just consider my MG problems to be
part of the experience.

On an ironic  but related side, I finally got the wipers to work on my 72B
restoration project. Now the real shocker - when I turn the stalk switch to
off, the wipers actually finish their last pass and then park!! I don't
recall ever seeing such a marvel before on my other MGs. And I've never
complained about it either. On my former 71BGT, half the time the wipers
wouldn't even shut off in the off position. I had to put in an in-line
switch just to be sure they stopped. And they never parked - it was all in
timing the off switch. So now I'm just amazed. Now all I have to do is get
the washer fluid pump to work next.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B