mgs

Re: 12 volt battery size?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 12 volt battery size?
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:33:00 EDT
In a message dated 7/14/03 2:10:13 PM, dcouncil@imt.net writes:

<< I used the Sears DieHard Group 26 with a pullhandle. I also have the
plastic battery box, and the group 26 is a snug fit. That is why the handle
is critical for easy removal. >>

I just got a Group 26 from Advance, and it fits, although too tight for the
plastic box.   . But the first time I tried to put the battery in the plastic
box in my now-departed roadster, it was too snug, as well.  Later that year, on
a cool fall day, I tried it again, and it slipped right in.  Do batteries
swell in the heat?  Anyway, I'm waiting for a cool day to use my new plastic
box
on this car.

Jay Donoghue
72B-GT