mgs

A Couple of Questions

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: A Couple of Questions
From: "engl" <engl@cableregina.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 22:33:42 -0600
Had the B now a couple of months almost, and am slowly getting things
sorted.  I've got a few questions for the experts out there :

- how do you get the heater knobs off?  Do you put something in the little
hole in the side of the knob to release it?

- the car pulls slightly to the left on acceleration at speed, and slightly
to the right when you lift of the gas.  Seems to be some sort of rear end
steering.  Tried the U-bolts on the rear springs and they seem tight.  The 4
spring mounting points look good (i.e. not rusted).  Any ideas?

- the right rear shock seems to have a little play on the shaft right at the
shock.  Can move it in and out about 1/32" (or less) and it rattles a bunch
over bumps.  Is this something you can shim, or do I need rear shocks?

- how can I tell when the kingpins are worn?  The front steering is stiff,
and I suspect the kingpins.

Thanks.

Bob
'65 MGB