mgs

in-line fuse

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: in-line fuse
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 15:36:37 -0600
I'm still trying to figure out why my wipers are not working. 72B
restoration, new wiring harness, old previously working wiper motor from
71BGT. After some tracing in the big Bentley book, I found an in-line fuse
listed (#67, diagram 13). A check showed no fuse. I tried two fuses, both
which blew when I tried to run the wiper motors - the one in the car and a
spare I had lying around. They appear to be old fuses, 25A. What fuse
should I be using? What fuses should we normally use in the fuse box? I
know the previous rating of 17 amp ("slow"?) should equate to something
higher in values available here in the USA. So are my 25A fuses too low?

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B