mgs

overdrive solenoid

Subject: overdrive solenoid
From: "R. Martin Rogovein" <rmort@bezeqint.net>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 01:18:40 +0200
well, I finally convinced a mechanic friend to let me use one of his lifts
for a morning this weekend, so we will see what's up with my 'hasn't worked
since I got the car' overdrive.

(LH overdrive on 70 b)
some questions:
1) can you remove the solenoid without draining the tranny oil (Haynes says
no, but wanted to check)
2) can you get at the overdrive lockout switch to test, or possibily to
remove and replace, without loosening and lowering the tranny - assuming
fairly small hands, but not a contortionist by any means (again, Haynes says
no, but was curious if there are other secrets)

What can I say, I don't want to mess with any more of the surrounding real
estate than I have to.

RMartin
70 b
Tel Aviv.
A person needs only three tools: WD-40, duct tape,
and a BFH (Big F****** Hammer)
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40.
If it moves and it shouldn't, use the tape.
If it doesn't work, hit it with the hammer.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.