mgs

Re: Rear bump stops

To: mjanacek@snet.net, mgs@autox.team.net, haleme@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: Rear bump stops
From: "" <james_nazarian@excite.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 01:38:48 -0500 (EST)
 I had good luck removing the old ones by bending them off sideways.  As for
replacing them, it sucked.  I lubed them up with white grease and ended up
bench pressing the back of the shell when pushing on the things; one of them
went right on, the other didn't.  For the stubborn one, I ended up pushing
really hard and turning it, after a few tries it worked.  For those who are
smart enough not to want to lift a car off of jackstands while under it, I
would go for the floor jack method.James Nazarian71 B tourer71 BGTV8 with
ventilated block and 4 piece cam85 Dodge Ram with bad gas mileage--- On Fri
From: Mike Janacek [mailto: mjanacek@snet.net]To: mgs@autox.team.net,
haleme@bellsouth.netDate: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:54:35 -0500Subject: Re: Rear bump
stopsAt some point you'll be putting new ones in right?Based on other past
posts I've read, installing new ones can be a real bear.One tip provided was to
use a floor (i.e. trolley) jack to force the newlubricated ones into
place.Mike'79B

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com