mgs

Re: Future MG

To: baxter@gretschpages.com
Subject: Re: Future MG
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 16:42:05 EST
In a message dated 11/5/2002 8:43:35 PM Pacific Standard Time,
baxter@gretschpages.com writes:

> I still think it looks like a cross between a Mustang and an Accord,
> beaten together with an ugly stick.
Hi,
Nope, To quote MG-Rover Groups description "As part of the projects weight
reduction objectives, all body panels are made from lightweight carbon
fibre..." which brings me to costs, the new MG XPower SV is currently being
proposed at 65,000 pounds British. This translates as of today, Nov. 6th,
2002 to approx.
$105,672.32....As far as its appearance to me it looks rather like an Audi TT
or a BMW. I really dislike that goofy looking rear wing, it's really a
departure from the luggage rack on my 1978 MGB. Hey does anybody remember the
BAT (Alfa) series of Italian show cars ...BAT 5 comes to my mind.
Albert Escalante ~ 1978 MGB