mgs

RE: Heater cables, shipfitters disease

To: "'Larry Colen'" <lrcar@red4est.com>, "'mglist'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Heater cables, shipfitters disease
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 19:50:39 -0500
Larry,

If the particular heater cable that you are replacing needs only the
inner wire and is less than 3 feet long, you can obtain new wire from
most any hobby shop or well-stocked hardware store. It's usually sold in
the section that stocks brass and aluminum sheets. They have "piano
wire" in various gauges. This has the stiffness you need.

If you need both the inner wire and outer sheath, try one of the
stockists like Moss. They should have the stuff. Personally, I keep old
choke and heater cables for just such an occasion.

Regards,
Lew Palmer

Behalf