mgs

Re: Parts cars for my BMH body shell

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>,
Subject: Re: Parts cars for my BMH body shell
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 14:36:00 -0400
Hi Kelvin,

Thanks for the reply.

The BMH web site said my body shell was for 67-74, but the commission
numbers they list are for 68-74. I guess the first 68 was built in
10/67, so that's why they said 67.

My notion was to build the bulk of the car with the two 69 parts cars
and then put a 67 dash in it. I have now come to believe that the idea
is probably impractical. I understand that the 67 came with a generator,
and the 68 - 74 were alternators. I suspect there may be other wiring
problems with trying to use a 67 wiring harness with 69 parts cars
(other than the dash gauges)

I was after two things with the 67 -- I simply liked to looks of the 67
dash as opposed to the padded dash, and for the same reason would prefer
not to have head-rests on the seats.

Does anyone know if I can make 68 style seats (no head rests) using 69
seat frames? That is to say, can I put a 68 seat kit on a 69 seat frame?
I assume 68 had no head rests -- my TR250 does not.

I would still like a 67 dash, but I suspect it's a much bigger problem
than I had thought. I would however have two 69 junk body shells that I
could rip into for practice :-). I have a complete and almost running 73
that needs floors and sills, so I thought I would practice on the 69
parts cars to see what kind of a job it is.

I guess I see the wiring as the biggest problem with using a 67 wiring
harness (dash guages) with 69 drive train and other parts.
True/false?

Don Malling