mgs

Re: 'TD Water Pump Stud Install - proper technique ?

To: eugeneb@nni.com
Subject: Re: 'TD Water Pump Stud Install - proper technique ?
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 10:45:30 -0400
Gene,
   A stud is turned into its hole but is not tightened to the bottom.
Measure the depth to which the old stud was inserted before, or measure
the depth of the hole, and turn the new stud in almost, but not quite, to
the bottom of the hole. One thread up is OK.
   There is no torque recommendation on the stud into the hole, since
resistance to turning is just friction, not stretch of the stud.
   4) Stud won't work out of the block unless the threads are trashed.
Use the antiseize to keep them in good shape.
Bob

Well, you will find the TD easier to service than one of those----bob