mgs

Re: weber problems

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: weber problems
From: Tim Baxter <baxter@gretschpages.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 19:52:43 -0500
> But seriously, folks, would I be correct in guessing that the Weber
is a
> two-barrel downdraft, with each barrel serving 2 cylinders?

Nope. I bet he's got the common 32/36 DGV or one of it's variants.
It's a two barrel progressive. At small throttle openings, all that's
running (should be) is the 32. Open it up, and the second larger
barrel kicks in. Both feed into a common manifold, though, so there's
no individual servicing. And Don, I ain't gonna bust you. I had one,
and found it to be set it and forget it reliable, and it had
performance on par with SUs, to boot. All in all, very worthwhile.

Now for your problem... do you have any vacuum taps off the runner to
the 3 and 4 cylinders? That could be it, maybe?