mgs

Yet another Overdrive question (narrowing it down)

To: mgs@autox.team.net, MG-MGB <MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Yet another Overdrive question (narrowing it down)
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 13:01:34 -0700 (PDT)
This is kind of long but I wanted to be specific.

I have flushed the trans twice today and been on a couple of short hops. I have
noticed one thing on the last ride. I have had this intermittant chattering
noise that seems to preceed the OD kicking in and out. Today on the road I
noticed I could modify the sound by subltly moving the shiftlever. Sometimes
sideways but more often to the rear. This would often eliminate the noise and
make the OD run smoothly. I also noticed that sometimes when moving the shifter
around, even to the rear the OD (I guess) would seem to kick out but not
harshly and sometimes not all the way almost like slipping a bit. In the past
the intermittant OD would be a very harsh kicking in and out. When the OD was
turned off the fourth gear was unaffected by the moving of the shift lever and
ran fine. Is there the possiblity that the lockout switch could be
malfunctioning? The wiring harness has been replaced during these troubles so
it should not be that or the connections. Where is the switch located?

You guys have been more than great on this and I owe a lot of beers out there.
How about at Stowe :-)

Carl

Carl
Yahoo! News - Today's headlines