mgs

Re: 18V engine

To: "Don Malling" <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: 18V engine
From: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 09:49:24 -0400
At 20+ years old minimum.... I'd be hard pressed
to say any 'perform' better than others.   :-)

'technically'  the '73 18V came with a high compression head
some say '68 was a good year for motors (which
prefix ???)

My current '73 BGT has an 18V with the h.c. head....
but most of my ancillaries (carbs and dist) is from
a '70  and my carbs are spec'ed from a '68 model.

They all play just fine together.

Any engine re-work at all would put any of them in
the same performance category.

The real difference is the tranny and O/D (synchro
1st gear and the later J type O/D's are stronger
and less prone to problems than the A series O/D's

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com