mgs

RHD, no thanks.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RHD, no thanks.
From: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 20:35:25 -0500
My ol' Toyota truck needed a starter and my mother was on vacation, so I
borrowed her Jeep Cherokee with Right Hand Drive (she's rural route mail
carrier).  What a pain!  I always thought a RHD car would be great, but it
isn't.  I couldn't get used to shifting with my left hand while steering
with my right.  Plus, I'm used to driving with my left arm resting on the
door.  It didn't feel right with my right arm.  Also, I found myself
driving too close to the shoulder so I didn't get too close to the yellow
line.

For what it's worth, I got a lot of double-takes and a bus load of kids
went nuts when they saw me on the wrong side, so if being noticed is your
gig, get a RHD.  Myself, I'm sticking to what I'm used to, LHD.

Kevin