mgs

Re: Hobby in decline?

To: "Mgs@autox.team.net" <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hobby in decline?
From: JAMES SCHULTE <schultejim@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 17:49:48 -0700 (PDT)
Listers,
I don't disagree with Zach.  He makes some good
points.  I teach at a high school and pick up trucks
and rice burners are the popular items.  I just
finished helping a 24 year old resurrect a 76B.  He
lives at home and parents don't charge him rent.  He
just sank $2,000.00 into a stereo system for this car
along with new minilites, Mota lita steering wheel,
new shocks(tube) all around, converted it to chrome
bumper, added a new 500.00 top with interior and seats
still to go.  He loves it and can't wait to put an O/D
in it so he can drive it to Penn State for parties and
football games.
His dad gave it to him for going to Penn State instead
of a private school.  The young are out there with
enthusiasm, we just have to help direct them.
I think the 35-40 age bracket will get into them next
when their kids get older and they want a unique car.
we better hope so, otherwise our investment, however
small or large will die with us, and I'm only 51. (-:
Jim
78B for sale (possible buyer this Saturday, I'll tell
you his age after he buys (-: )
70B Heritage body shell
seeking MGCGT/C