mgs

Zerks, Zerts, Serts, or Certs with retsyn

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Zerks, Zerts, Serts, or Certs with retsyn
From: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:08:01 -0500
I've come to realize that some folks call a distributor a "dizzy" and some
folks call pinging "pinking", and others call an El Camino (or Ranchero) a
truck.

But what is the proper spelling for a grease (zerk, zert, sert, etc.)?  Not
knowing any better, I've always called them "serts", as if someone along
the way shortened "inserts" to one syllable, but I've been seeing many
different versions on this list.

Which is it?

Kevin

P.S. We're not going to the KC British show.  Couldn't find a dog sitter
and the wife thinks it's foolish to drive six hours each way and not stay
the night.