mgs

Competition brake pad choice

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Competition brake pad choice
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 10:49:38 +0930
I use my car for both lots of street driving and circuit work.  The
racing side of things has dominated my development of the car a little
:-) so when I buy new bits and pieces or replace worn-out stuff is has
to be able to take the rigours of being thrashed around a race track.

Over the past few years I have used Bendix Metal King brake pads and
found they can take a decent number of laps around a hard-braking
circuit with little significant brake fade.  After an initial warming
period they are also great on the road - not too harsh and long lasting
to boot.

(the standard pads for the car would disappear completely after four
laps around this hard-braking 2.6km track and were just OK on the street)

My favourite workshop has just started stocking EBC brake pads - and I
am looking at trialing their EBC "Green Stuff" pads (they also have
"Yellow Stuff", "Red Stuff" and "Blue Stuff")
see http://www.ebcbrakesuk.com/Automotive.html

Has anyone here used these pads and/or compared them to MetalKing pads
and have any thoughts or advice?

As I said - they have to be suitable for both street and track work.

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII