mgs

Speedo question (not technical)

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speedo question (not technical)
From: "Ryan Irwin" <ButterscotchB@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 18:43:56 -0500
So while I was sitting at a red light today, i was wiping dust off my
instrument panel, which seems to be a magnet for hair and dust, it's insane.
But anyway, while I was wiping around the tapered chrome on the instruments i
got to my speedometer and noticed that it's chrome was not a tapered bezel.
It was rounded.  Why?  Obviously it's not original.  What did it come from,
it's a 120MPH Smiths.  Can I change the bezel without changing the speedo or
does it all need to go if I want one that matches the rest of my dash?  How
did I just notice this?

Answers to one or more of the above questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
-Ryan Irwin
'72 B