mgs

Re: Valve Tick Tick

To: mgbob@juno.com
Subject: Re: Valve Tick Tick
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 15:58:54 EST
The characteristic "Tic, Tic, Tic" is probably the main reason that when I'm
asked how my MGB runs, I can answer quite honestly that "It sounds just like
a Sewing machine...!" And although I've never been too keen on using engine
additives of any sort, lately I've been really tempted to add some sort of
thick oil additive like STP or Motor Honey into the MGB's engine?  Would this
help quiet the noise and possibly increase the oil pressure to the valves,
thus helping to quiet them? Or would it just be a waste of money with no
beneficial results. Hearing the

                                                telemarketers expound upon

                           the merits and incredible restorative and
protective properties of one particular oil additive makes me almost want to
run out and buy a 6 month supply right away. I heard them say that it quiets
excessive engine noise as well as stopping oil burning from bad rings, so of
course I'm skeptical of this product. Although running my car with no oil or
water and then pouring sand  into the crankcase does sound rather
interesting...Not!

Albert Escalante
1977 XJ-6Lump, 1978 MGB
Central Coast British Car Club