mgs

catalytic convertor

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: catalytic convertor
From: Monte Morris <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 12:36:58 -0800
I have the nuts off the catalytic converter and the exhaust system clamps
all loose, but am having a hell of a time getting the converter loose from
the manifold pipe at the front end where I'm replacing a gasket. Do the
bolts that connect the convertor to the manifold pipe have to be completley
removed, or just the nuts taken off. It looks to me as if once the nuts are
off the converter is supposed to slide backwards off the connector bolts.
Is this right? The lower nut closest to the block looks impossible to
remove. I've removed the radiator hose to get to the lower nut in the
front, but have been unable to get to the nut on the opposite side of it.
Monte 79B

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///