mgs

RE: leaf springs

To: "'David Councill'" <dcouncil@imt.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: leaf springs
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 14:01:44 -0700
David, the best advice I can give you regarding the front bolt is
"Sawzall".  When doing this job in the past I used heat, penitrating
oil, and all sorts of pounding and twisting.  Ultimately I found the
quickest and easiest is cutting the bolt on each side of the spring.
The first time I did this I used a hack saw blade (installed in one of
those "handle" style gripers).  The second time I used a reciprocating
saw.  Thank god for electricity ...

Good luck.

Larry Hoy

///