mgs

Re: B on the Dyno

To: Mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: B on the Dyno
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:14:45 +1030
James Schulte wrote:

> Reason I asked is I'm running a Petronix with a 25D and have K&N 's on my Twin
> HIF4's. It seems to breath much better then it did when it had the pancake
> filters I was using previously and the Petronics seems to handle the ignition
> end. Hope that helps.

Thanks Jim... yep I am running the same (Pertronix and 25D).  I have
just started sourcing horns and filters (I'll uprate to a #6 needle - I
am running 5's now).  Once I try those I will dyno it again and see if
there is any worth in going up to the 1.75" carby (HS6).  There are lots
of little things to consider now that I am taking a macro view rather
than the BIG PISTONS, BIG CAM, BIG PORTING, BIG EXHAUST view that I have
come from.

This starting to be fun.

Oh yeah, because I hadn't mentioned it earlier.  After all my hard work
and money I was only looking at about 74hp at the rear wheels.  Nothing
to scare a WRX yet ;-)

A few more horses mwould be nice but I also have to afford $1300/1400
worth of tyres and rims yet.  Going faster is one thing... stoppping at,
and then getting around, the corners that are coming up a lot faster is
another thing altogether!

Nope, I am now assuming that this process NEVER stops!

Eric
'68MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia

///